Friday, July 8, 2011

Chopped!



Remember Chef Fighters? Well, I found out that Fighter No. 1 and all 80 kilogrammes of him got chopped. Yes, he has been fired (funny how these management terms have culinary roots). I was impressed with the decisive leadership and management style of the Sous Chef who made the call. I've seen enough uninspiring cases of low performing co-workers still lingering in the corporate office because it is easier for their managers to avoid having to make the tough decisions. It boils down (pun totally intended) to good management skills. I saw the effect on the team - morale seemed considerably higher. The crew cheerfully jumped in to take on the extra load. How's that for some decisive and inspiring leadership in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.