Saturday, July 16, 2011

To blog or not to blog, that is the question

Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few. 

That is my view on blogging and as I've only just started to blog recently, I have made a few more observations about my friends' digital behaviours. I read that the top 5 reasons why people blog are, in ranking order,
1. Passionate about something
2. Want to share with others
3. For business purposes
4. Self-expression
5. Want to put forward new ideas

As I begin my 8-week journey as a student in a culinary school starting next week, I am also wondering if I should continue to blog. My hesitation at blogging stems from the view that blogging may be narcissism in disguise - the awesome adventures of me and my awesome life, read all about it! Really, who cares. But it is also putting yourself out there when you open up your life to strangers.

I receive very few comments on my blog and it makes me wonder if anyone is reading. I guess people are reserved about their views and conscious of their own digital footprint. But I also get many compliments sent to me via personal text messages or emails. One of my friends even dedicated her facebook status to my new venture. I did a screen capture of it and assume it's ok for me to post here since it's also in her public domain. Right, Lotus?



















My daughter went, Oh my God, oh my God, Charlotte is meeting up with her 2 friends! Her usual wise cracks.

I blog when I get excited about something and I am a rather excitable person, so you can count on me to talk alot about school for the next 8 weeks. I'm also excited about the results of my foodography so will also continue to snap photos of my food. Hope you'll enjoy them.

3 comments:

  1. Go go go Luan! Culinary student, how exciting!!! Of course must post and post often with pictures, no need to think :)))))))) <-
    see my v enthusiastic smiley face ;p
    Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny, Livia! Especially your smiley face with endless double chins LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.