Friday, November 18, 2011

A chef's comments on my blog

I had the privilege of having a chef sit beside me this afternoon giving his professional comments as he scrolled through some of my blog posts. He scrutinised my pictures in my roast chicken post and told me where I could improve, e.g., trussing the chicken better for a more even roast, and gave me many tips on enhancing the flavour. He directed me to Thomas Keller, a world renowned chef and one of his specialties is in making a perfect roast chicken.

He also looked at my cured salmon and cured pancetta and asked his head chef to consider letting me cure some meat in future in his walk-in chiller. Now, how cool is that for an extra virgin chef!

My curing experiment attracted a chef's attention today.  Kewl!

3 comments:

Tell me what you think. I want to know.