Monday, December 12, 2011

Planning a pig-out in Europe


Munich last week - photo credit to my daughter who's already there.

Hi guys, I am planning to be in Germany and Italy soon and will be posting pictures of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I will be eating. So, stay tuned. It will include a big cook-out with friends there. They have promised to teach me how to cook German food for Christmas! Here's how the menu looks now written by my dear friend Sandy. Also, if you know of any good places to eat there, please write to me. Guten abend!


Roasted duck filled with apples
Brussel sprouts in cream
Kohlrabi (do you know this vegetable?)
Potato dumplings (if we dare. They are difficult to make but also yummy)
Mashed potatoes (for the Singaporean kids)
Red cabbage with spices
Chestnuts in butter and orange sauce
Beetroot with orange salad
Fennel with lemon and extra virgin olive oil (raw)

And for dessert
Rote Grütze - this is loads of red berries with spices - a typical german thing and so yummy.
With vanilla sauce and ice cream. 
Homemade Christmas cookies, coffee and tea




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will not be hungry in Germany. If German food is not so salty, I would probably love it more.

    Over here in London, I have found out that traditional English pub food can be quite delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.