Monday, February 20, 2012

Maple-Garlic Marinated Pork Tenderloin

A baby dollop of truffle cream on the baby spinach

The pork tenderloin is the major muscle along the central spine of the animal. It is the most tender part as well, since the muscle is used for posture and not locomotion.

This is the "aggregate marinade" I used after combing through the internet for several recipes, that is to say, I aggregated all the knowledge I culled from the net and came up with my own not-chef-certified concoction. There is no real magic in this - just put more of your favourites!

I roasted pumpkins, yellow zucchini and carrots to give an orange glow to the dish.

Tenderloin marinade

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2/3 olive oil
3 Tbsp minced garlic (can be more if you like it strong)
1 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
4 Tbsp pure maple syrup (I would add one more Tbsp next round)

Taste? It was alright. No big deal. Pork was tender. Marinade was not too strong. But I got myself and the family a pretty plate of sunshine and real food on the table.





2 comments:

Tell me what you think. I want to know.