Sunday, March 11, 2012

Word of the Week: Canape


Canape - open-face sandwich, finger food, bite-size, palate pleaser, mouth-amuser, usually decorative. The practice of serving canapes based on my research goes as far back as the 18th Century.

Last night, I served my guests this canape consisting of my home-cured gravlax (cured salmon), cream cheese on garlic crisps, butter lettuce leaves, olives from a friend, garnished with dill.

I also served these other finger food.


Above: Toasted buckwheat crackers with mashed avocado, sundried tomatoes (see my moonblush tomatoes), and pitted olives.

Below: Dates and Figs wrapped with bacon. This is a variation of my little cocoons which my friends in Germany taught me. And I am also reminded of my barded chicken during my days in culinary school.


Oh, of course I was wearing my EVC T-shirt when cooking last night.

Click here to share this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I want to know.