Thursday, June 7, 2012

Of Culinary and Marriage Finesse



My husband was getting his regular haircut when he saw this in a magazine and thought of me. Thanks to iPhone and WhatsApp technologies, he could snap a picture and send it to me before the hairdresser was done.

Do you already practise these "cooking secrets that every professional chef swears by"? I'm usually too lazy to do Secret number 4!

While these tips are useful to remember and practise, of course being an old sentimentalist, I cherish that he thought of me while going about his own activity. I'm sharing this picture of us celebrating our recent 22nd wedding anniversary in the best restaurant in Indonesia. Yes, I believe in soul-mates and BFF (best friends forever!) 'cos I married one. Thank you, Lord.

We don't usually look this tense. It was the waiter who almost dropped our camera that resulted in these nervous smiles.

15 comments:

  1. I was touched to tears (being menopausal does that). Its great when your other half does these little little things, eh? Makes your heart sing with joy. Happy anniversary to both of you and wishing many happy and loving years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are blessed to have each other. Happy 22nd Wedding Annivesary and many many more loving years ahead. Even with the nervous smiles you both still good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew about 3rd and 5th, thanks for sharing:)Happy Anniversary!


    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 22nd Wedding Anniversary to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Luan! I also dun really do secret #4, mainly because i eat my veges while they're still fresh and if not, they're probably too limp to be revived just by cold water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet of your hubby to remember you even at the barber's. You guys look great in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your well wishes and blessings - I receive them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a thotful hubby :) Happy anniversary and many more loving years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther. He is very sweet and thoughtful.

      Delete
  9. Oh sounds really romantic! Btw, Happy Anniversary to you and wishing you many more to come.
    Best wishes
    Kristy ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww .... how sweet. A lovely couple you both make. Happy Anniversary! (Hope your camera was ok. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it survived a clumsy server. But the food was marvelous and unforgettable.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.