Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salt-crusted whole fish - Certified 100% authentic Thai

The entire piece of skin opens up like a door to moist, succulent meat.

I arranged for a weekend in Bangkok, Thailand just for us to spend time together as a family. Of course, I was also sniffing around for authentic Thai food. I was truly excited to see one of the recipes I've shared in this blog come to life in a floating market.

Here's the salt-crusted whole fish recipe I previously shared. It's become a regular dish for our famly now. Look at this sight - a young Thai woman grilling them and selling them off her boat.


Her supply is easily within arm's reach!


I have my Thai chef in the culinary school to thank for!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Luan, any chance of getting the recipe for the Indian fish and okra curry? Looked so yummy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rougebaguette, yes, ask and it shall be given. I have just posted it now http://extravirginchef.blogspot.sg/2012/06/vendakkai-meen-curry-fish-curry-with.html

      Do let me know when you get a chance to cook this. I want to see your pictures! Post them here www.facebook.com/extravirginchef

      Delete

Tell me what you think. I want to know.